Wednesday, March 22, 2017

June 20, 2016 Cambios!

Hola friends and fam!

First things first: happy father's day to all you dads, grandpas, and uncles out there! Special shoutout to my daddy-o and grandpa! Thanks for being the best fam a girl could ask for!

It's been a crazy week here in México. Transfers passes kinda funny this time. I was hoping to leave my area (not because I was unhappy or anything of the sort, but I have had my entire mission in the same stake and was hoping to be able to experience something new) but at the same time didn't expect AT ALL that I would have transfers. They always let us know suuuuuper late on Sunday night whether or not we have transfers. So it's 10:26 and our district leader calls to let us know we have transfers and I'll be heading to an area of the mission that has a reputation of being well, the worst. So I accepted it, stayed up packing till 3 in the morning, got back up at 5, finished a few last minute things in the house and with my comp then went to the bus station to head out. When I got there, it turns out that there was a misunderstanding with transfers and I ended up heading to Aguascalientes in the same stake as the mission pres! And in the same stake as my MTC companion, Hermana Caldwell! It was way hard to leave mija and the ward and everyone, but I'm excited for new experiences here. Some fun facts about the area:
-se llama Encino
-geographically speaking, it's a big area, but there's just a little branch here
-it's supposedly pretty dangerous so instead of following the normal schedule and heading out to work at 11 in the morning and returning at 9 at night, we leave at 10 and return at 8. Wohoo!
-we're house hunting because our house is infested with cockroaches and the contract is up in 10 days

I have pictures of all the other interesting things that happed this week, so here goes:


​My companion is the coolest and made me cake in a mug to celebrate!

These little girls are SO STINKIN CUTE and wouldn't leave my side at the ward Family Home Evening so I had to document the moment haha.
Our family of gold that will be getting baptized as soon as they figure out a few details regarding marriage haha.

​Our other family of gold that can be baptized as soon as this coming Saturday! The only problem is that the mom always works so we haven't finished teaching her and the other two want to wait to be baptized as a family.

Our bff, neighbor, and the son of our ward mission leader, Isaías, who is THE CUTEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD and drew a picture of the three of us together!

Last picture with mija and the Retornos crew. :'( It was seriously rough saying goodbye to my companion, but I'm excited for what's to come. 

Good things are happening here in Mexico! I hope you all have a wonderful week and head out with the missionaries to go on some visits and befriend the investigators that are getting to know the church. Love you lots!!

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment