Saturday, March 25, 2017

February 27, 2017

Such an eventful week!

Lunes: We went and did all of the last-minute souvenir shopping for my comp and went to eat at a place called Wing's Army with the district then shopped some more then went to visit an investigator who we hadn't been able to find for a month and taught about el día de reposo and all was well!

Martes: A member sent us all to a restaurant for lunch where I accidentally broke a salt shaker...#smooth and then at night we visited Ronald and HE ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THIS SATURDAY!! In the end he wasn't baptized...but very shortly it will happen. I just know it!

Miércoles: Today we had a conference with President and we left feeling suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper motivated! Afterwards my district was standing around trying to decide where we were going to eat with the money the members gave us when President comes outside, tells us he's hungry too, and takes us and the two other elders from our district out to eat. WOHOO!! Impromtpu lunch with President ROCKED. (Mom I think there are pics on the mission FB page)

Jueves: Studied about the calling of an apostle and learned a ton! I invite you all to read about it in D&C 107, the topical guide, True to the Faith, and whatever other resource your heart desires. ALSO, EVERYONE GO READ PRES. NELSON'S TALK FROM LAST CONFERENCE IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Viernes: LA VISITA DE ELDER NELSON!!!!!!!!!!! Well....he didn't show up. :( His flight got delayed in Monterrey and in the end he couldn't make it which was a real bummer BUT even then I had a way cool experience! They had invited us to think of questions we wanted to receive answers to in the meeting beforehand and even though he didn't make it and the meeting turned into like a training meeting from the Area Presidency, I was able to receive the revelation I was looking for to ALL of my questions! God is so good and speaks through all of his servants! Also, in the morning one of the former companions of my companion who finished her mission in December showed up at our house and came out to work with us in the morning so enjoy this selfie featuring our new dresses (thanks vecina!).
But anyways after our meeting with the Area Presidency our whole zone frantically took a bus to the convention center where the other meeting with the members was going to be (enjoy this bus selfie where we're all stuffing our faces with our sack lunch) and Ronald was there in the white button-up shirt and tie the elders gave him! 

Sábado: Had some great lessons then helped the Young Women out with New Beginnings!

Domingo: We went to Aguas in the morning to go to church in Colinas (my comp's old area), ate with members, she went to her despedida and I chilled and worked with the other sisters in the area!

Hoy: Hna. McConaghie went home and I had to say goodbye at 3 in the morning haha. I totes miss her already haha but it's fine because we'll see each other in 9 weeks at BYU yay! And today my new comp Hna. Tolosa arrived! She's from Sinaloa and she's the bomb diggity. Photos of us to come!

I hope you can follow this scatter-brained email haha. Weird things happen to my brain when you combine transfers with little sleep. Bueno, I love your guts and hope you all have a great week! Remember who you are and where you came from and use your CTR rings to remind you what you need to do. ;)

-Hermana Bird

P.S. I don't have as many pics this week because she was always the one who took pics and sent them to me but seeing as she just got home today she hasn't sent them to me yet haha.

P.P.S. Here's a pic of the new district featuring my new comp when we went out to eat today (shouts out to the Virgin María on the wall behind us haha)


No comments:

Post a Comment