Friday, December 18, 2015

December 14, 2015 Dos Meses

It has been another great week here in San Luis Potosí! It has been a difficult one because tons of people aren't in their homes, or are in their homes but are busy so we didn't have a ton of success teaching people this work, but we are working super hard to find more investigators!

Highlights
-I hope you all had the chance to watch the First Presidency Christmas devotional last Sunday (Dec. 6th) because it was awesome! We watched it in Spanish of course so there was a lot I didn't understand, but one part really stuck out to me. I'm not sure if this is exactly what was said because...Spanish...but I think one of the speakers said something along these lines. When you see Christmas lights on trees or houses, use them as a reminder that Jesus Christ, the LIGHT and life of the world, is the reason for the season!

-Wednesday: My comp and I were riding a bus back from lunch and we always try to contact the people we're sitting by to see if we can teach them and their families a lesson on a later date, so there was an open seat next to me...but then like 8 Jehovah's witnesses missionaries boarded the bus and one of them sat by me so that contact didn't happen haha. It was really bizarre because they felt like our rivals or something haha.

-Thursday: Micaela, the woman I wrote about last week, dropped us because her husband doesn't believe. It's really sad because the gospel makes her so happy and she has believed it all, but they are SUCH a unified couple that she is sacrificing a little bit of her happiness for his sake. She said she will continue reading the Book of Mormon though! And she really is a woman of her word so I'm hopeful. It was really really sad but we left there feeling the spirit so strong and feeling such peace because there is not a doubt in my mind that one day, when her husband is ready, the will both accept the gospel. I could just picture her in white. It was awesome.

-Friday: The elders we eat with every day traveled to Aguascalientes on Thursday for a meeting and so they brought us back these ginormous lollipops so please enjoy my comp and I during planning Thursday night. Haha oh and also this day we taught a recent convert, Ricarda, and it was cold in her house and I didn't say anything about being cold but she said "Oh mi guerita, estas tan fría!" which means "Oh my little American, you look so cold!" then forced a sweater on me..so I got a new sweater this week!



-Saturday: We had Little Caesar's pizza for lunch with a member and it tasted just like it does in the states! Also we got a good lecture from our neighbor who hates us...but it's okay because she is a wonderful daughter of God whom we love dearly.

-Sunday: We didn't have any water in our aparetment this morning so that was interesting haha...but we got to watch all three sessions of the dedication of the Tijuana Mexico temple and it was awesome! We are so blessed to have so many temples around the world and generally authorities directing the affairs of the Church here on the earth, I challenge you all to try to make it to the temple this week!

-Today marks two full months as a missionary! I am so grateful for this time I've had and look forward to a wonderful 16 more months to come! It has definitely been full of ups and downs but I really could not be happier to be in the service of the Lord!

-My companion and I really want a Christmas tree in our apartment, so anytime we're out walking the streets and see a tree we like, we talk about how we're going to steal it "a las dos de la mañana" so now that's our little joke. Anything we want to do, but can't, we say we'll do at two in the morning.

I hope you all have a wonderful week with finals and whatever other craziness is going on! Take a little time to reflect on the reason for the season! I love you all and pray for you all the time! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Bird​

No comments:

Post a Comment