Tuesday, January 5, 2016

December 22, 2015 Feliz Navidad!

Hola friends and fam! We are emailing today because myldsmail wasn't working for anyone in our zone yesterday which was weird...but here I am! And what a week it's been!

Tuesday: We had our Cena Navideña with the mission president and all of the missionaries here in San Luís and it was a BLAST! But the best part of it all was that I got to see some of my really good friends from the CCM! Here we are. :)

Wednesday: District meeting featuring Christmas photos...


Saturday: We had a ward Christmas party this night, and about 2 hours before the party started the bishop asked us four missionaries to prepare a musical number. It was interesting because well...let's just say the people here in Mexico could benefit from some voice lessons haha, but we did it and everyone seemed to enjoy it! Here's a picture of the Jardín crew at the "photobooth." I was supposed to be Rudolph but my antlers fell down and I don't know why I put my nose over my mouth...

Sunday: WE HAD A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. A few weeks ago, Hna. Muñoz and I contacted this guy named Ezekiel in the street. Seriously the most perfect contact ever. He was interested in learning more about the Church, knew he needed to dedicate more attention to God, and described the stake center as a "castle." Then he thanked us for taking the time to invite him to learn more...this literally never happens. Anyways, most perfect contact BUT he doesn't live in our area. Literally two streets outside of our area..so that was a bummer but we passed along the reference and made the missionaries promise to contact him ASAP. Fast forward to Sunday night when Hna. Muñoz and I are walking into the parking lot of the stake center (not our chapel) and we hear "Hermanas!" so we turn around and it's Ezekiel. He just happened to be walking in the neighborhood looking for a new apartment when he saw us. He asked if we remembered him and we said yes and invited him to the devotional. He had about an hour until he had to be somewhere, so he came! We gave him a tour of the chapel and he stayed for half of the devotional and talked to the missionaries in his area. He has an appointment with them on Thursday and committed to go to church on Sunday! We originally hadn't planned on going to this devotional, but decided to go in the end and what a blessing it was that we went! I have a very good feeling that he's going to accept the gospel!

It really was suuuuuuuch a great week! I'm so happy to be here! I hope you all have a fantabulous Christmas on Friday and enjoy the time with family and break from school! I know that my Redeemer lives and He is the reason for the season. Let us not forget. Hugs and kisses and lots of love sent your way from Mexico! :)

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Bird

Also we have been pestering our zone leaders for weeks to get us a Christmas tree because we have no decorations...and on Saturday they brought this to us!



Also also, #crew. We made t-shirts for these two elders with this picture on it for Christmas haha...pictures to come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment