Saturday, January 16, 2016

January 11, 2016 Insanity

Hola hola everyone! 

It's been another great week here in Jardin! (Oh yeah that's the name of my area) But before I talk more about this week I just want to send a HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT to my favorite older brother Austin! He turns 22 on Wednesday so be sure to send some love his way!

Title: This week my companion and I decided we want to be a little more healthy...soooo we have started doing Insanity workouts during our exercise time and they have been killer, but we think they're working! Also, now that our area is 4 times bigger it has been an insane week trying to learn the new area and travel from place to place but it's been great!

This week we had a zone meeting and our mission president visited! This is rare because he lives 3 hours from here and it wasn't a special conference or anything, but it was so good to see him and his wife and learn from them! They're awesome! They announced that on the 30th of this month Elder Rendlund (I think that's how you spell his last name...one of the new apostles) is going to visit Leon (a part of Mexico outside of my mission and about 2 hours from where I'm currently serving) and invited our whole mission to come to a conference with him! So for a whole day, none of the missionaries in the Mexico Aguascalientes mission will be within mission boundaries haha but we're so pumped! It is such a privilege to have been invited!

I'm not sure if it's like this in all of Mexico, but here in San Luis, they have little stores called papelerías on almost every corner and they're THE BEST. America needs to have them. They're just little stores where you can buy paper, ribbon, wrapping paper, pens, post-its, etc and I LOVE OFFICE SUPPLIES and my companion is really crafty so we spend a lot of time...and money...in these stores haha.

This week we found a family of gooooold. It's a family of a mom, dad, and three kids. The dad and two sons accepted baptismal dates and they want to be baptized as a family and read the Book of Mormon and keep the Sabbath day holy and all sorts of good things so we're really hoping for a baptism this transfer! We're also working with another family that has loooooots of problems but they have such faith that the gospel will help them face their problems! Inspirational.

I always feel like my emails are super scatterbrained, but just know that I absolutely LOVE IT here. Deciding to serve a mission is easily the best choice I have made in my life up to this point. Of course there are hard times and all but it really is so rewarding. I hope you all have a great week and spread the gospel! Help out the missionaries in your ward! Members are ESSENCIAL to missionary work. Sending lots of love your way! :)

Love,
Hermana Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment