Monday, February 29, 2016

February 22, 2016 Livin' La Vida Loca

Hola friends and fam!

Another great week here in Jardín! It has been a way cool experience transitioning from being trained to having to teach someone my area (I'm still junior companion, but my comp doesn't know the area, so this week I acted as senior comp haha). Crazy crazy crazy, but we've seen some serious blessings. I'm running super short on time so I just want to share two quick things.

1) On Wednesday this week my companion and I were not having any success. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. We worked 4 hours before lunch and nobody let us in, the hermana de la comida didn't have time for our message, and we continued another 3 hours without success. I was feeling super overwhelmed and frustrated when my companion suggested that we stop, reorganize our thoughts and say a prayer asking for direction. As I began the prayer, the name of a family immediately popped into my head. We had already tried to visit this family today, and had actually been trying to meet with them for 4 weeks but the timing never worked out just right. We were in their neighborhood so we speed-walked over there and THE HERMANO WAS HOME!!!!!! When he answered the door he said "Que milagro que nos encontramos!" (what a miracle that we found each other here at the same time) The rest of his family was nowhere to be found but we asked him if we could share a quick message outside of his house. He agreed and we shared a lesson on the Atonement and the Spirit was SO strong. He told us that he and his family have been reading their Book of Mormon and had been waiting for us to come back. Tonight we're meeting with the whole family and I'm PUMPED! This was just a testimony to me that God loves us individually and cares about our worries and problems. The Spirit truly can be our constant companion if we live worthy of it and listen. I challenge you all to listen a little more carefully and follow the impressions of the Spirit this week!

2) My companion had a baptism in her previous area (where my two previous companions are working right now) so President gave us permission to go and it was so fun to be with all of my companions in one place! Here's a pic:

Love you all lots and hope you have a wonderful week!!

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment