Monday, February 15, 2016

February 15, 2016 What a Week

Hola friends and fam! 

This week was incredible!

Monday: We're working on reactivating a member in our ward who is a return missionary but has been inactive for years. He's planning on getting married in October and decided that he's need to straighten up some things in life before he takes that step, so he's been coming back to church and his girlfriend/almost-fiancee is taking lessons from us! We have un setenta (an area 70) in our ward who also happens to teach the eternal marriage institute class, so he invited us to have Family Home Evening at his house with Erik and his girlfriend and it was super powerful! 

Wednesday: A couple from the US moved into our ward about a month ago and the husband served his mission in Honduras, so he speaks Spanish, but the wife doesn't know ANY Spanish. She signed up to feed us this day, but her husband wasn't home to eat with us so we just spoke in English the whole time and I translated for my companion and we gave our lesson afterwards in Spanglish and it was a blast. But I also realized that I'm forgetting how to speak English. Like, I still know the words but it's hard to spit 'em out just right. Writing in English is still a piece of cake thank goodness.

Saturday: FIRST BAPTISM!!!! WOHOOOOO!!!! Priscila is awesome and just so excited to be a member and get a calling and endure to the end (because that's what follows our baptism and confirmation)! Now we're working on getting her parents and her sister in the font too!
Sunday: This family is incredible. I don't have time to explain all the deets, but basically the little girl in front of me (Desiree) is obsessed with us and wants to be a missionary and wants to get baptized and announced to the entire Primary that she's getting baptized on March 5th, and because of her, her mom (to the left of my companion) decided to start taking our lessons! The other people in the picture are a crazy awesome combination of non-members, recent converts, members, and investigators. Awesome awesome awesome. LOVE THEM.

Today we had transfers, so my companion headed off to another area in San Luis with my CCM companion and the trainer of my CCM companion is now my companion. We just swapped haha. I'm not a huge fan of change so it was a pretty sad morning, but I'm way excited for the work Hermana Carmona Y & I have ahead of us. Hope you all have a great week! Pray for missionary opportunities and I promise you the Lord will deliver!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment