Monday, February 8, 2016

February 1, 2016 Leon

Hola!

The highlight of this week was definitely our trip to Leon! Elder Renlund told us that he came for three reasons:
1. To thank us for serving a mission on behalf of the First Presidency
2. To tell us that if we don't know down to our bones that we were called to serve specifically in this mission, we need to pray about it ASAP and write down our revelation.
3. Our mission president and his wife were called of God and set apart specifically for this mission and they love us. 

In preparation for this conference he had us study his talk from October conference and two talks by Elder Bednar (Ask in Faith & Converted to the Lord) and let me just tell you that these talks are PURO PODER. I learned a ton from each one of them. I think my favorite thing though was learning the difference between having a testimony and being truly converted to the Lord. I invite you all to read these talks to find out for yourself! :) It was such a blast to see all the missionaries in the mission and sing Llamados a Servir (Called to Serve) as a mission and meet Elder Renlund! He shook each one or our hands individually and asked where we were from so that was way cool! The presiding bishop of the church and his wife were also there and they all bore there testimonies and conducted a Q&A session. Bomb diggity.

Also, to those of you have asked if I have received your packages, I would first like to say THANK YOU for thinking of me and sending something! We only get our mail and packages the first week of every month, so this Friday I will know whether or not I have received it and let you know this coming Monday

It seems like I have less and less time to write each week, so I'm sorry to those of you who I haven't reponded to personally in a few weeks. I'm working on learning how to manage my time better..haha. 

Thank you all for being a part of my life! I love you lots and hope everything is going well!

Love,
Hermana Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment