Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4, 2016 He Lives!

Hola friends and family! 

It has been a crazy and eventful few weeks here in Retornos! Last week we had cambios, so my companion (who had 9 months in this area and was praying and pleading to leave) finally got transferred and they sent me to train a new missionary! I went to Aguascalientes Sunday night, picked her up on Monday morning, and we got back to our area Monday night. Enjoy the only picture we have together as of yet featuring my sweet and unfortunately uneven sunburn (thanks to my bag):
Her name is Hermana Franco and she's from Guatemala wohoo!

Conference this weekend (and the women's session last weekend) were INCREDIBLE. I was overwhelmed by the reminder of how much the Savior loves us. We have all received the blessing of the Atonement and just need to apply it in our lives! He didn't die without a purpose; He died to help us return to our Father in Heaven. We just need to do our part. Jesus LIVES! My testimony of Joseph Smith and living prophets was also strengthened. What a blessing it is to have the knowledge we have!

This week we also had a Noche de Hogar (FHE) with members and investigators where my companion and I taught about the attributes of Christ. I invite you all to choose an attribute of Christ to study and work on developing this week, or choose a talk from conference to study and apply to your life. Or both if you're ambitious! 

Love you all lots and I always have you in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great week!

Love, 
Hermana Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment