Monday, May 9, 2016

April 11, 2016

What a week, what a week! Some pretty exciting things happened this week:

-We found a bunch of less actives and investigators that we've been looking for for a while and had some sweet lessons!
-I lost my voice because of a cold and I still sound like a man so that's been interesting haha. My comp always makes fun of me so now we've got some sweet jokes.
-We had a zone meeting and I got to see all my friends! (aka Hermana Nicholas who is from my generation and was in my first district, my 10-day companion Hermana Carmona Y, and one of my old district leaders) Also we talked a ton about how to recognize the Spirit and it was BOMB. All of you who have access to a Preach My Gospel (aka all of you because technology rocks) should read chapter 4 and the accompanying scriptures. Prepare to be uplifted and edified!
-My comp and I spent 6 hours cleaning our house today because my other comp and her companions for the last 9 months here didn't believe in cleaning, so when I arrived there were no cleaning supplies, but now we have cleaning supplies and A CLEAN HOUSE!! You all know how I am about having my things clean and organized...
-We found an investigator this week who we met last Saturday, came to conference on Sunday without us even having had the first lesson with him, came to church yesterday, and is keeping all of his commitments and preparing to be baptized the 7th of May WOHOO!!!

I think those are the most important highlights of this week...but I'm loving life here and am learning so much from my companions and the investigators and members and everyone. It's amazing how much one can learn if we just decide to listen and humble ourselves. Thank you all for being the best friends and fam a girl could ask for! Love you lots!

Con muchísimo amor,
Hermana Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment