Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 29, 2015 Sorpresa!

Hola everyone!

First of all, I just want to send a birthday shoutout to my favorite little sister, Audrey! Happy 9th birthday on Sunday and I hope it's your best birthday yet!

I had another great week here at the CCM!! To explain the subject..if any of you have seen Nacho Libre you're probably familiar with the scene where Stephen brings Nacho that corn on the cob stuff and says "surprise!" in his funny voice then Nacho says "get that corn outta my face!" Yes? Well anyway my district is obsessed with Nacho Libre and all of the beginning of this week we would hide and pop out at each other and say "surprise!" in the funny Stephen voice. THEN Hna. C and I saw this treat in the tienda called "Sorpresas" so we bought a bunch for the elders and they LOVED them because they came with these little toys called El Chavo that you dress up with stickers and I'll have to send pictures another time..but now whenever we have extra time after lunch or anything, the elders run to the tienda to buy more Sorpresas to make new Chavos. What have we done? Hilarious.

So our investigator from last week, Ana, is now our teacher! We knew she was a teacher here at the CCM but didn't know she would end up being ours! So we finished our lessons with her last Friday and she started teaching us on Saturday. She is the bomb.com and we love her so much!

We had a little stress management workshop this week and at the beginning they had us do sing and do Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes but it was funny because in Spanish it's Head, Face, Shoulders, Feet (cabeza, cara, hombros, pies). You should all try it.

We have been doing more of the same this week..learning, teaching, praying, eating so it's pretty monotonous as far as the schedule goes, but every day brings new insight or a new funny story with the district or a new challenge and I LOVE IT. Also, Hermana C and I have started to swap clothes so that keeps things interesting too.

Today we went to the Mexico City Temple (which is why I'm emailing so late) and it is BEAUTIFUL. And huge. There were escalators inside haha. But it was really awesome to be able to do a session and be on the grounds! I'll try to attach pictures.

This week in Relief Society we talked about Christlike attributes and the scripture in 3 Nephi 27:27 where Jesus Christ says "Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am." My district is working on developing charity while we're here so I challenge all of you to think about a Christlike attribute that you would like to develop yourself and make a plan to get there! All things are possible through Jesus Christ.

Also, my scriptures are in my casa (oops) so I can't remember what the scripture is about but I have Alma 26:2-3 written down to share with you so please read it and see what you can get out of it!

Everything is really scatterbrained this week, but I just wanted to thank you all for being who you are and for being a part of my life! Love you all lots and hope you have a fabulous week!!

Con amor,
Hermana Bird
Hermana S (one of my casa-mates who is going to the FL, Ft. Lauderdale mission) & me on our way from the airport to the CCM

Hermana C & me (featuring our loca compañera de cuarto Hermana H) after a lesson that went so well we just HAD to document our happiness

Last p-day I found my mission on the map!

It rained during gym time and honestly you can't really tell but we got SOAKED

Hna. C & I outside the Mexico City Temple

My district in the visitor´s center today!

No comments:

Post a Comment